As we prepare to enter a new decade of the 20s, the elders want to say how grateful we are for all of the wonderful and dedicated members of the Beckley Heights Congregation. We know times are tough and we are thankful for your continued support. Our objective is to always watch out for the church and care for its member’s spirituality in humility.
Now the year 2020 is upon us. At the beginning of a new year, people often make new plans and resolve to do better. The members together should strive to make the coming year the best that the church here has ever known. We can tell you that we will be making some new changes, and you can be sure that these changes will adhere to the same level of spirituality as you have been a custom too. You’ve embraced every plan that was made in 2019. Our results were wonderful. We baptized many into Christ and our faith grew. Nevertheless, we must press on!
Some of the things we can do better in 2020 are:
- Attend all services (Heb. 10:25).
- Engage more members in church work
- Seek to enroll other in classes (bring self, children, others)
- Visit the sick and help the needy. (James 1:27).
- Read the Bible throughout the year (2 Tim. 2:15).
- Pray daily and often. (1 Thess. 5:17)
- Do everything possible for the advancement of the Church.
Here are things about Christ that we need very much at the end of this year.
- We need the perseverance of Christ in the face of affliction.
- We need the energy and strength of Christ in the face of depleting pressures.
- We need the wisdom of Christ in the face of complexities of life and ministry.
- We need the stability of Christ in the midst of rapid social and political and personal changes all around us.
- We need the assurance of his sovereign authority in a culture sliding farther and farther from his truth.
With the right kind of spirit and work the church should really grow. All should feel their individual responsibility to God.
Our prayers are that God will bless you all through the coming year. May His grace and peace be with you.